Thursday, January 15, 2009

A few more random things..

  • If you've got a second while reading this, send a positive thought my dad's way to get better.  Thanks.
  • One of things I should have said that I am not thankful for are spoiler sites.  There are a few sites out there that basically will tell you everything coming up in a tv show and a few years ago, Jeffrey got a little click happy and ended up ruining the big surprise at the end of Lost. This year though, I'm staying strong and don't know anything about this year's season premiere.  
  • So I've basically discovered that I make other people look good at basketball.  We're playing a few days ago and one of my coworkers basically put in 4 three pointers, while my hand was practically in his face.  After I stop guarding him, he goes cold.  I go back, boom, two more.  Then some other people get into the game and, well, they turn into Michael Jordan.  Crazy, spastic shots dropping like a video game.  
  • One of the challenges of having owning a Toyota Corolla is that it also looks like a Honda Civic, Ford Focus, VW Jetta, and other small cars.  Throw in the popular grey color and chances are in a parking lot, you'll see a few similar looking cars.  Well this poses a problem when your walking and not paying attention.  I have, over the past couple of weeks, walked towards my car, hit the unlock button on my key, heard the "beep beep", then put my hand on the door handled, pulled, yet at the same time thought, this doesn't feel right.  Suddenly coming back to reality I realize what is happening.  I'm trying to get into someone else's car.  Thankfully the door has never opened and no one has ever seen it (I don't think) but as soon as it happens, I do the quick look around and mouth "sorry" to the world.  
  • Also speaking of cars, to the car that pulled up next to me the other day while I was blasting and singing at the top of my lungs, "Let My Love Open the Door" by Pete Townsend, to the same car that continued to drive along side me while it continued into "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne, to the same car full of students from RIT who witnessed someone getting way too into the music, you're welcome.  Glad I could put a smile on your faces.  Thank you for not laughing too hard.  Thank you for the round of applause.  And thank you for not thinking I was choking because of my face turning a deep shade of red.