Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Been a While

No excuses for not posting other than not much to report. Things continue to go well with the family. My Dad is back to work. My Mom is diligently solving the world's problems. Chris is graduating in a few weeks from law school (and the lucky punk not only played Trump National but also picked the winner of the Masters Tourney). And Amy is still having fun out in Boston. No complaints.

But one update to pass along. Starting in Junior High, acting became a big part of my life. I did a few shows a year both at whatever school I was attending and in community theater. As life has continued to change recently, I found myself getting back into somethings that I sacrificed.

One day I hopped on Craigslist and ended up in the actors wanted section. As I looked through, a lot of jobs were asking for a headshot. I'm still at the point, and probably will be for many many years to come, when I think to myself, "Hmmm... Maybe I should go back to a cheaper hobby?" Headshots are expensive. So for a while, I put the thought in the back of my head.

Fast forward about a month and I'm sitting in a club meeting for a group I advise. At the end, I randomly pipe up with, "Anyone know of someone who takes headshots?" The only thing heard in the room was the "whoosh" of everyone's head as they turn towards a woman in the room who laughs, dramatic beat, then says, "Um, yea. Me?". Come to find out, she needs someone to model for her for a class project. So we agree that she takes the headshots, I'll do what's needed for the pictures she needs.

Now, side story, yes, the face did turn red (about a 2 on the Red-Face-O-Meter) as I said, "But you know, there's just some stuff I won't do...". To which she turned red and said, "No! It's not that type of project." Laughter, laughter, laughter, and Jeff's face getting even redder (bump it up to a 6)...

Below are some of the outtakes from the headshots and from the pictures for her project. Thanks to Katie Gio for her awesome photo taking abilities.


Thanks for reading...