Wednesday, December 10, 2008

25 Days of Thanks- Day 10

Thankful-Christmas Movies

Top 7 (in no particular order)
  • Home Alone
  • Twas the Night Before Christmas (Don't know this one?  Head here)
  • Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer
  • Scrooged
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol
  • National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
  • Elf
A couple of notes:
- It was orginally just going to be the top 5 but then I looked at the list.  Something was missing...  How could I not include Elf on this list?  "You smell like beef and cheese.  You don't smell like Santa."  I actually work with someone who has already seen this film 15 times since Thanksgiving.  
- Update 12/12- Realized also that Christmas Vacation wasn't on the list.  Stupid Jeffrey.  
- Since a buddy of mine hasn't yet sent me pictures of his engagement so that I can post an appropriate "Congrats Joe and Jennifer" story, I'll embarass him and I for a moment.  Yea, we thought we were cool, especially when we would quiz each other on all things Home Alone.  By the way Joe, address of the McCallister house, 671.

Not So Thankful- Rebates
Rebates.  That's how they get you on the big ticket items.  

It's so easy.  Here's a copy of the reciept.  All you have to do is fill out here, here, and here, cut here, sign here, inital there, e-mail this, wait four days, then go here, fold there, make a copy of this, then wait 6 to 8 weeks.  

A very happy day recently involved a rebate.  A few years ago, I bought a cell phone that was supposed to be free after rebates.  I did all the paperwork, made copies of everything, and followed all the instructions.  The thing with this rebate was that it was supposed to come in two checks.  Well, the first one arrived on schedule.  Second one never did.  I get cranky, call them, and they said because I didn't turn in one part, they couldn't give me the rebate.  I fire back with the fact that they already thought it was good enough to give me half of it.  

Customer Service person: "Oh, um, we shouldn't have done that."  

Skip forward two or three years and three more cell phones and one day I get a check in the mail.  I read the attached letter that states because of a court agreement, we have been required to pay you this money because the terms of our rebates were not clearly stated.  

I did so much of a happy dance that I almost ripped the check up and threw it in the air like confetti.  

I loathe rebates.