Saturday, December 6, 2008

25 Days of Thanks- Day 6

Thankful- IPods
When I got my first (and only) IPod, I was a little hesitant to accept it.  I thought with me being a gadget fan, that I had probably 20 other doo-hickeys that did the same exact thing.  But, I was sooo wrong.  

It's a perfect music machine.  Everything gets loaded on there.  With it, I can borrow music from other folks and rip it right to the device.  Throw in the ease of the Apple Store and downloading music, I don't know what I'd do without it.  It's also awesome for long trips down the thruway.  No more changing stations as I pass in and out of radio signals.  

One thing that has changed with my IPod is that I used to listen in the car through a device that would broadcast the music over a specifically tuned radio station.  If I was travelling with someone in another car, I could also play DJ on WJEF.   On a recent trip to Boston, my sister got to hear WJEF for the last time as now my Corolla has an IPod In jack.  

Not So Thankful- The Snooze Button
7:45am

Beeeeeeeeepppp....

Devil sitting on one shoulder: Go ahead, press it.  10 more minutes of blissful sleep.  

Angel on the other: GET YOUR BUTT UP!  This way, no rushing.  You could enjoy the morning for once!

Devil:  Oh, go ahead, press it and really enjoy the morning! You could dream of beaches, winning the superbowl, seeing tha...

WHACK!

7:55am

Beeeeepppppp

Angel: Ok, that's 10 minutes, you got it in.  Now get up!

Devil: Oh come on, 10 more minutes, that 8:05.  You'll be fine.  

WHACK!

8:05am

Devil: Do I really need to say anything?

WHACK!

8:15am

Angel: 45 minutes to get to work

Devil: You live on campus.  Your office is on campus

WHACK!

8:25am

Angel: YOU NEED TO SHAVE!

Devil: Isn't the scruffy look in right now?

WHACK!

8:35am

Angel:  HAHAHA  25 minutes... dumbass.  I tried telling you!  You learn one day.

Me: Crap
_____________________________

You've just read my morning routine Monday thru Friday.  It never changes.  I even found a clock that has does not have a snooze button but I have quite built up enough faith in it yet.  Yes, the thing is loud but it's a once or nothing thing.  There's no leeway.  The snooze alarm is the bane of my morning existence.